Full Time, Salary Range $45-52K DOE
This is a grant funded full time position primarily responsible for managing and monitoring culturally and linguistically appropriate Vaccine Outreach Program services as outlined in the grant(s) supporting the position. The Program Manager reports to the Programs Director.
- Works with the Programs Director to develop tools, materials and resources to advance program or service goals and objectives.
- Manages and monitors the operations of the Vaccine Outreach Program.
- Helps manage program budget, contracts, and work plans.
- Supervises and manages program contractors.
- Plans and provides capacity building assistance to staff, contractors and volunteers.
- Ensures programmatic compliance with federal, state, and other funder guidelines.
- Fosters an environment that promotes trust and cooperation among clients and staff.
- Ensures compliance with APCA policies and procedures, including maintenance of confidentiality, to ensure that the principles of APCA are implemented.
- Accountable for participation in decision making processes and understanding the outcomes.
- Demonstrates the values and principles of APCA and applies them in work responsibilities.
- Collect, create, organize grant materials to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Recruit Community Health Workers; supervise onboarding and training of CHWs.
- Approve Community Health Worker work plans in alignment with project goals.
- Attend all meetings and take notes and organize them to disseminate to participants.
- Assist Community Health Workers in seeking partnerships with community spaces.
- Populate and organize Trello boards to ensure accurate tracking of projects.
- Communicate with ethnic media outlets for ad creation and op-ed opportunities.
- Supervise and ensure success of community outreach efforts in collaboration with CHWs.
- Communicate with APCA Vaccine Outreach Project Communications workgroup to ensure they have what they need to perform the tasks outlined in their contracts.
- Assist Grant Administrator in collecting the information needed to perform their tasks.
- Schedule interpreters for contractors and staff as needed.
- Ensure accurate data collection from outreach activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or two years of experience in health, behavioral science or related fields.
- Minimum two years relevant experience in increasing levels of responsibility and authority in managing programs and grants, including but not limited to monitoring and compliance, program evaluation, and capacity building.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing programs.
- Demonstrated training experience.
- Demonstrated supervision experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Solid public speaking, facilitation, capacity building, training, and writing skills.
- Knowledge of and interest in diverse communities.
- Knowledge of community empowerment, and capacity building frameworks and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships with staff, board members, volunteers, and supporters of culturally diverse community-based organizations and coalitions.
- Ability to manage federally funded program with large, complex projects.
- Strong computer skills including email, word processing, spreadsheet, slideshow, and internet applications in a Windows or Mac OS environments.
- Demonstrated strong supervision skills of both administrative and professional staff, experience with conflict management, evaluation, and staff development.
- Understanding of adult learning theory with strong meeting/training facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a team environment.
- Effectively represent APCA in the community, to outside agencies, and to funders.
- Ability to make effective program leadership decisions in a timely manner using available data.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Layal (at)apcaaz.org